I just want your extra time and your mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah-mwah, KISS!
New Powder Kiss Lipsticks from MAC! These mattes feel just like the luscious Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets — lightweight, so more like a lip balm than a lipstick — but even creamier. So there’s little-to-no chance of cat butt lips. (I can hear you sighing from relief.) And, dare I say it, they’re kinda moisturizing? Just a little.
- Must apply on dry lips (NON NEGOTIABLE!); otherwise, patchy
- Taste and smell like vanilla, so classic MAC
- Will move outside your natural lip line if you rub your lips together a lot
- Special matte packaging (did you catch that?)
- Pigment levels — between medium and just shy of full, depending on color
- Less pigmented than MAC Matte lipsticks
- Fade after a meal or a cup of coffee
- Wear time is about an hour — two, tops
- Watch out for vertical lip lines with the paler beige colors and pinks (they will highlight them if you apply too much).
- Stand-outs: Mull It Over (a dirty peach) for everyday wear, and Fall in Love (a bright creamy fuchsia) for special occasions
- I’m still tracking down prices, but it’s safe to assume they’ll be priced similar to regular MAC lipsticks, so about $18.50.