This post is the first in a series of stellar drugstore gems in which my (very much pretend) boyfriend Keanu Reeves helps me test makeup… He’s gallant like that, you know? 😊
I can confirm that these pigmented, matte twist-up crayons by Maybelline are kiss-proof because I made out with Keanu Reeves for 20 minutes while wearing one of them (Lead the Way), and it didn’t move at all!
It smelled and tasted like vanilla-spiked Hawaiian Punch, which Keanu adored, but ewww! — it made my stomach churn. My boo likes it, though, so I guess I’ll have to endure… The things I do for that man, le sigh!
Maybelline Superstay Ink Crayon Lipstick, $9.49 each
- It’s available in 12 shades for less than $10 each.
- The formula is almost as smooth as Keanu’s raven locks, with nary a vertical lip line in sight.
- The attached sharpener (which is hidden in the base of the pen) keeps the tip tapered.
- It’s long lasting (from 3-4 hours), but it quickly melts away with makeup remover.
- The matte formula isn’t drying; it IS comfortable; and it doesn’t make your lips look a billion years old.